1. While this community is modelled off theatrical_muse, it is in no way affiliated with it, or any other muse community that is likewise modelled off theatrical_muse.
2. This is, until further notice, a first-come, first-serve prompt community. Should this rule change, appropriate notices will be put up to make people aware of it.
3. This community is open to *all fandoms, Real Person muses included. TV, movie, comic, book fandoms are all accepted.
*Exempt from this, for legal reasons, is any muse to do with the works of Anne Rice, Andre Norton, David Weber, Mercedes Lackey, George R. R. Martin and anything to do with Babylon 5.
4. Like many communities, this is yet another community which is drama free. Everybody runs on a three-strike rule -- if a person is reported to be stirring trouble, they will be removed from the community on the third strike.
5. In the case of inactivity, you will be emailed with a reminder to post for your muse, and if you don’t post within the ten days of being sent the email, your muse will be removed. If your muse is removed from the community for inactivity, you cannot apply for a new muse for a month.
- Duplicates of any muse will not be accepted. No exceptions.
- To start, you may apply for up to three (3) muses. If, however, you demonstrate being able to stay on top of your muses for a month, you will be permitted to apply for one (1) new muse per calendar month. People can have up to six (6) muses.
- You may have no more than two muses in any one fandom. For example, if you have Buffy as a muse, you will only be allowed one other muse from the Buffy ‘verse.
- Original characters are accepted.
- To check the taken/availability list of muses, please go here. You can request a muse to be waitlisted if the muse you’re after is already taken. Should that muse become available, the first person to request the character waitlisted will be notified. You can also request to hold a muse -- go here to request a muse to be put on hold.
- At the beginning of each month, s table of prompts will be put up: standard question prompts, picture prompts, word prompts and quote prompts. It is compulsory to answer only one (1) prompt, however if your muse decides they want to answer all of them then that is perfectly acceptable, too. In order to remain a part of this community, your muse must respond to at least one (1) prompt per calendar month.
- Responses to the prompts must be a minimum of 150 words. There is no maximum word limit.
- If your muse is answering more than one prompt, or playing catch up, all prompt responses must be posted as individual posts to the community.
- All ratings accepted. All warnings and ratings should be clearly labelled.
- All prompts over 200 words in length must be placed under a cut. All pictures/graphics used in any responses must be placed under a cut, also.
- You must, with each response, clearly label in the subject heading the number of the prompt.
- When you post your responses, please post to both the community and to your muse journals. In your journals, please archive your responses in memories so it is easier for the mod to keep track of activity.
- Roleplay is encouraged, however please refrain from roleplaying on the community. Should you wish to roleplay, please do so in the character journals. Roleplaying is not moderated.
- At the end of each response, please place a footnote with the character’s name, fandom and word count.
- Feel free to explore your character. While all characters have a canonical basis, don’t feel you have to stick strictly to canon. Extrapolation is a very fun and useful tool in writing muse responses to prompts.
1. Before you apply for a muse, please go here to check that your muse isn’t already taken.
2. Please fill out the application form, which can be found here.
3. Send your application to talking.muses @ gmail [dot] com. Your application will be processed within a few days of being sent. Please be patient. "The more you know the less the better" is to be included in the subject heading of your email application. Applications will not be considered without this subject heading.
4. Once your application has been approved, please then join talking_muses, talking_ooc and talking_intros, logged in as your character’s journal. You will be approved as soon as the request is received.
5. Once you are a part of the community, the first thing you must do before you start responding to prompts is introduce your character over at talking_intros. You must do this in character.
6. In your character's info page, you must include this standard disclaimer:
6. Please friend the mod journal, talking_mod.
7. Feel free to join the fen community, talking_fen.
April 2007 Prompts